Technology has changed and made cooking easier. Nowadays, all you need to do is to put your raw food in the cooker and then add the necessary spices, water etc. and you are all set. Using a cooker doesn’t offer convenience only but it also helps to preserve nutrients. One of the most used types of cookers is the rice cooker and below is its review.
What’s a Rice Cooker?
A rice cooker is a type of kitchen appliance that has an automated design. It is also known as a rice steamer and it can be used to steam or boil rice. A rice cooker usually consists of a cooking basket, a thermostat, and a source of heat.
How to Choose the Best Rice Cooker
Rice cookers are available in different designs, sizes, and price ranges. In order to determine the best rice cooker, you need to know what you need. Everyone needs a durable and effective kitchen appliance that offers value for money. If you are looking best rice cooker in the market, here some of the factors that you need to consider.
The size is it for a single person, a huge family etc. A 3-cup capacity is good for 2 or 3 people while a 10-cup uncooked rice holder is good for a large family.
- Multiple controls to offer a variety of settings. The device should be easy to use and have a one-touch button.
- The appliance must have digital controls plus a timer for convenience.
- A keep-warm feature for fresh and warm food.
- A non-stick interior and plastic exterior for user safety.
- It should have a retractable or a removable power cord for easier storage.
Benefits of Rice Cookers
With rice cookers, you don’t need to make unnecessary guesses unlike when you are using a stove and a pan. They are normally designed to be also warmers which means that you will find your food still fresh and warm enough. Rice cookers can be used to prepare a variety of foods including white or brown rice, steamed seafood or vegetables among others. Additionally, your meals will never have hard centers or mushiness because these appliances provide even cooking. They are cost-friendly devices that are efficient and save time.
Panasonic SR-G06FGL Rice Cooker
It’s a top-rated and the best kitchen appliance for cooking rice. This cooker is designed to create light and fluffy rice with a restaurant-like quality. Panasonic rice cooker can also be used for stir-fry or to make side dishes. The multi-cooker is ideal for students, busy professionals as well as singles.
- Its durable non-stick pan that’s coated with aluminum
- Used to make 6 cups of cooked or 3 cups of the uncooked rice.
- See-through tempered glass lid with a plastic knob for safety and easier food monitoring.
- Automatic one-step cooking
- Simple to use
- Cooks quality rice in a timely manner
- Quite messy
- Its lid lacks a hole to eliminate steam
Midea MB-FS4017 Rice Cooker & Warmer
This is a smart and multi-functional device that can be used to cook and warm rice. Designed with a reheat section, Media is rated as the best rice cooker for large families. It can hold eight cups of rice. This kitchen device can also be used as a slow cooker thanks to its delay timer. The resin coated appliance that’s cadmium, PTFE, petroleum, and lead-free promotes healthy eating and living.
- Contains 12 types of pre-set programs.
- Can be used to cook white or brown rice, oatmeal, baby porridge, and congee.
- The one-touch button makes program access more convenient and accessible.
- It’s a rice cooker as well as a soup maker and a steamer.
- Has an automatic keep-warm feature and re-heat function to keep food fresh and warm.
- Durable and certified by the UL.
- Suitable for quick rice and slow cook
- Has a reheat feature
- Unclear instructions
- The warming function has to be turned off before turning off the cooker
Tiger JNP-S10U-HU Rice Cooker
Holding 5.5 cups of uncooked rice, this is the best rice cooker in the market that’s suitable for large families or audiences. It’s designed with a non-stick type of interior and your food will never stick on the side or at the bottom. This kitchen appliance has feet for secure storage and its exterior is made of plastic for user safety.
- Contains a washable steam vent that’s removable.
- Comes with a measuring cup and spatula.
- Has a warm function
- The cooker can keep food warm for up to 12 hours
- An easy to use the power button
- Has a non-stick interior for easy serving as well as cleaning
- Quite expensive
Zojirushi’s NS-ZCC10 Neuro-Fuzzy Rice Cooker & Warmer
This is a one-liter cooking device that’s rated as the best rice cooker. The computerized kitchen appliance can hold5.5 cups of uncooked rice. Featuring a wall-mounting technology, this cooker can be fitted anywhere in the kitchen thanks to its modern and versatile design.
- Contains multi-menu
- Has a non-stick type of inner pan for uniform heating
- Comes with a retractable cord, LCD Clock measuring cups, spoon holder, plus a timer.
- Multiple menu settings which include harder or softer, sushi or regular.
- Has 2 settings for the delay timer
- Variety of menu settings
- Keeps food warm for extending periods
- Has a reheating cycle
- Compatible and lightweight
- The doesn’t go off automatically
- Battery drains quickly when it’s unplugged
Hamilton 37548 Beach
This is a 14-cup cooked rice holder that’s also a multi-cooker. Hamilton’s beach cereal and rice cooker has a stainless steel design for durability as well as safe cooking. The one-pot cooker can be used to prepare dinner, lunch or breakfast in one cycle. It has the simmer or heat settings which can use to make mixes of flavored pasts, beans, rice, and soups.
- LCD control panel with 6 pre-set programs
- Contains a 2-in-1 container that includes steam basket and rice rinser.
- Suitable for whole grains, steamed veggies, and cereals
- A multi-functional cooker that can be used to cook rice and steam veggies or seafood simultaneously.
- Multiple settings for cooking, heating, and steaming.
- Has various pre-programmed settings.
- Has a compact size for easier storage and transport
- Unusual cooking directions
- Its non-stick coat easily comes off
A rice cooker needs electricity only in order to function, unlike pans which may need a consumable source of energy or fuel. Generally, they are safe kitchen appliances with minimum safety issues. Rice cookers can’t cause physical or health harm in whatsoever way if they are used correctly.
Rice cookers are automated appliances that make cooking easier, safe, and convenient. The above-mentioned rice cookers are some of the best in the kitchen appliances sector. They making cooking an enjoyable experience, eliminating all the guesswork that comes with cooking rice as well as other meals.